Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Time to "Binderize!"

If there's such a word as "binderize" I am doing it! I've seen several blog posts about using binders and there's a lot great info out there about using binders for planning, student data, etc. If you want to get started, you can read this post from Once Upon A First Grade.. I decided at the beginning of the school year to take one month at a time (so it's not so overwhelming) and put all of the items I use for that month into a binder. I started with September and have completed October. I collect the items as I use them and then put on the finishing touches at the end of the month.
I put all of our center activities, art projects, etc. into page protectors and put them into the binder.
 October binder
September binder
This process has helped me weed out duplicates and items I no longer use or need. I am hoping to have a full set of organized binders by the end of the school year!