Monday, July 9, 2012

Letter Pops

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! It's been busy around my house...we have a new little puppy...and I've forgotten how much time and energy they take!! We picked her up on July 4th. She's 10 weeks old and a cutie, of course...what puppy isn't??? Anyway...my creative time has been cut back a bit, but I did manage to squeeze in making these "letter pops."


 I pinned this idea a while ago and planned on using magnetic letters...the original picture is from Dr. Jean & Friends.  I got most of my supplies from the Dollar Tree: foam letter stickers, craft sticks, felt, and hot glue.
I cut circles out of felt using a circle die and my Sizzix, then I added the foam stickers and hot glued them to the craft sticks.
These will be a good prop to use with Shari Sloane's "Letter Pop" song. She has a printable for making a big book of the song her website; just click on the "Get Ready" big books link on the left side of the web page.  The children can also put the letter pops in ABC order, sort them by letter color, and use them to practice letter identification.
Thanks for checking in and have a great day!