Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our 100th Day...in review

Hi! Seems to be the trend for me lately...posting about events after they happen!! Sorry about that...I had planned to let you in on our 100th day activities before the actual day, but that just didn't happen! It was a fun day, though! I found a few new ideas online this year, which is always exciting! Here's a recap of our day: We made hats that said "100 days smarter!" The children brought in their collection of 100 items and we wrote about what we'd want 100 of and what we would not want 100 of. We ate 100 items for snack (10 marshmallows, 10 pretzels, 10 gold fish....etc.) We read Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten. We estimated if there were 100 items in containers and then counted to check. We completed our Zero the Hero book and the children took them home. Here's a few pics:
100 Day hats and collections...
Using our 100 counting mats to check if there were 100 items in the container.

This was the recording sheet...the children estimated if there were 100 items in the container (yes or no), counted, and wrote the actual number.
 And...if you look closely in this picture, you can see my AWESOME (if I do say so myself!) 100 Day shirt!! I ironed on some bling to celebrate the day! I got the shirt and iron-ons at Hobby Lobby. I will try to take a better pic of the shirt some day...but I loved it!!

Items I had planned but didn't have time for: Decorating Psalm 100 from the Bible and coloring the 100 mystery picture using the hundred chart. Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for checking in!