Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Snowflake Art

Hello! I have a cute art idea to share with you....we did these last Friday...today we had record highs in MN in the 50's!!! I can't believe it! But, the forecast says changes are coming and cold weather is heading our way, so I am enjoying it while I can.  I gave the children 3 strips of white paper and some (they chose how many they wanted to use) white squares. They could design a snowflake using the shapes, any way they wanted. (I've seen pictures of snowflakes made using pattern block shapes, similar to this on pinterest.)

As you can see, some designs were very simple; others a little more intricate. I thought they all turned out unique...just like real snowflakes!
(The blue paper is 12 x 12.)
Tomorrow we will be working on a mitten glyph. We painted snowmen and measured them...a Pinterest inspired project...I will share photos tomorrow. Thanks for checking in!