Friday, October 7, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration

Hello!It has been another busy week, but I feel like my class has come a long way in just 24 days of school. We have parent teacher conferences in about 10 days; that's earlier than usual for us. After reading several other blogs, I noticed other schools are doing them around this time of year, too. Usually we have our fall conference in November, closer to Thanksgiving. My kids were DIBELed this week and I will be completing our first unit test in reading next week, so I have good information to share with parents. I have a couple of ideas to share with you...I saw these number poems on Pinterest....linked to this post by Debbie Diller. I printed each of the poems and posted them above my math focus wall.

   
I printed the numbers at 200% so they would be big!

These poems are catchy and easy for the children to memorize. I hear them chanting them throughout the day!!

I also saw this idea and thought it would make a good center activity for the children to practice abc order with lowercase letters.
Here is the original idea...
Here is my version
They love to use the bingo markers!! Thanks for looking and have a great day!