Saturday, August 27, 2011

Writing Center

Here is my writing center...it has crayons, markers, colored pencils, stencils, letter stamps, beginning sound stamps...and all kinds of fun paper for the children to use. There is a shelf to the right of this table that holds quite a few of the supplies. I also added my scissor stand...an idea I originally found on Pinterest.
This is how I store stamps for the children to use for beginning sound stamping...I found this tool caddy at the thrift store. The drawers have dividers, so I have two letter sounds per drawer. These stamps are just the "picture" stamps. I have all of the letters in another tool caddy on the shelf to the right.

I made a cute label for the top of the container!

To begin the year, I put my ABC bottle and a popcorn bottle with the children's names in it. They color the letter or the name when they find it in the bottle. It's an easy activity for them and it's a good way to introduce them to the center. They can, of course, also do "free" writing there if they want to.






Thanks for looking and have a super day!