Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Listening" Bulletin Board

Hello! I've been working in my classroom a little bit. Most of my bulletin boards are done. Here's a picture of my "Listening" bulletin board. I originally saw this idea on Pinterest. Here is my version. I think it's a great way to encourage children to use empathy and treat each other with kindness.





I also made some polka dot pillows for my reading area.



This is my Reading Focus Wall. The pocket charts are set up for rhyming words and letter focus. The smaller alphabet will the word wall for class names. I printed the vowel cards from Mrs. Lemon's site.

The last picture is the board where I will display the children's "Masterpieces." I know....it looks a little busy, but I think it will be ok if mat their work with black construction paper. : )
Thanks for looking and have a great day!