Friday, August 26, 2011

Classroom Tour 2011

Hello! Well, school starts Monday...and I think my room is ready. There is always something to work on...we could be there 24/7 doing school work! But, I am pleased with my room and excited to meet my new class. Here are a few more photos:





This is the view as you enter my classroom. To the very left is my writing center (you can just see the chairs and part of the table in this picture.) I have a very small classroom and need to be efficient about using my space. 
                                                This the view from the opposite corner.
This is my computer center. I have 3 MacBooks for student use. I use iTunes for my listening center at this table as well.




This is a picture of my "games" center. I have board games as well as handmade learning games.



Right next to that is my ABC center. Right now it has letter matching activities, alphabet puzzles, letter magnets, and an old computer keyboard to practice letter recognition. I made those "munchers" a few years ago, but they are still in great shape and the kids love using them.



I have my helpers chart hanging on the back of my file cabinet, next to my desk. I change helpers every Monday.



This is the shelf that holds puzzles and to the right of that are the "building" toys like legos, lincoln logs, and Knex.






I have a few more photos to share, but it seems to be taking a long time right now, so I'll be back soon with another post on a couple of writing center activities. Thanks for looking and have a great day!