Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dramatic Play Area











I like to change my dramatic play area several times throughout the year. I start the year with a general housekeeping area, with dolls, dishes, and dress up items. I also set the area up as a grocery store, pet hospital, and it is currently a restaurant. I am posting pictures of the restaurant and hope to add more pictures of the other areas in the future. I use these items for the restaurant: plastic food, plates, cups, silverware, a tablecloth, napkins, menus (with picture of items and words), a cash register, fake credit cards, a stove for cooking, and matching aprons/chef hats. I also display adds from local restaurants. The children love this center. You can store items in a small container or bag, pull it out, and you're all set to start your center.